Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

Beast Mode!!

Hello From Sunny L.A.!! Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you...hubby and I have had so much going on that I have just thrown things to the wayside! We left Oregon and traveled down Hwy 1 to get to L.A. I just have to say...that was the most beautiful drive I have ever taken! The drive should have only taken us a couple of days, but we stopped so much, that it ended up taking us almost 5 days to get there! If you ever get the chance to take that drive...I suggest you jump on it!
The other thing that's been going on is hubby and I have finally decided to make lifestyle changes, big ones, seriously! We have changed our diet...really changed it...and have begun exercising...on a regular basis! We kept saying that last year when we were in NY and we did eat pretty good and we exercised...most of the time, but that was us just being lazy and not really wanting to go ALL THE WAY with the changes! That has changed, mostly because of my getting really sick and staying that way for two months. I felt so bad and all the coughing and wheezing really scared me. I do not want to be sick all the time, I want to be able to walk without huffing and puffing, I want to be able to go out and do what ever it is that I want without feeling slow, out of breath, and just generally out of shape.
The things we have changed is we've stopped the sugar...all together because sugar is sugar and I refuse to use artificial sweeteners. It is probably the hardest thing for me to take away because I love sweets and even more so..my sweet tea! Yikes...that is a hard one. We have also stopped eating all the white stuff... bread, pasta, flour, rice..etc. and that hasn't been too bad, thank goodness! Another thing we've changed is the red meat, this is just temporarily until we get things under control. I've been eating turkey, chicken, and fish...all organic of course! The biggest thing we've changed is vegetables!! We have always eaten all of our veggies, we love them, but now they are making up most of what we eat, some cooked, some raw, and some as juice! The whole juicing thing is very exciting to me....not sure why, but I've been researching a lot and it looks like something I want to add to my diet everyday!
So, with all that said...I am off to walk my booty off and to enjoy a great salad I made for lunch. I am hoping to be here more and more and to start adding those pictures, recipes, and posts that I've been talking about. Until next time, I hope you are happy and healthy! Have a great day!
Here are just a few of my favorite pics from along the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment