Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Getting out of my rut....

Have you ever gotten into a rut and just didn't quite know how to get back out? I have..many, many, times and as much as I hate being in that rut, I know that it's a normal process when you have so many changes in your life as I do. Since we've gotten to California, I have had a nasty stomach virus and a really bad bought of the Flu that last an entire week! It's been a few days since I've been over it, but now, I am just tired and funky feeling and I have no desire to do anything at all! I've been making myself get up and get dressed and I've been getting out and about so that I can keep my blood pumping at least....but I haven't felt like writing or doing anything creative since this feeling came on....so what's a girl to do??
Well, for one...I am making myself write in my blog, even though I don't feel like it and two... I am making myself get out and at least walk around the neighborhood. I have cut back, way back, on my sugar again...yes..again...and stopped eating out. The hotel that we are in is not an Extend Stay Hotel, therefore no cooking on my part and that makes it so hard to eat healthy. We do have a mini fridge and a microwave and that helps, but it's not cooking like the way I normally can. I have been shopping at Trader Joe's. They have a huge selection of healthy and Organic foods that I like and that has helped a lot. I've been buying lots of fruit and salads and lean chicken and Turkey and that is pretty much what I've been eating. I have also been trying out all the local wines..ha ha...and that has to stop also because the wines I normally love are sweet and full of sugar!
 I have also had a bit of an attitude, not a bad one, just one that has me acting like I am a gloomy gus! Not that I am sitting around whining and complaining, I just don't have my usual, happy go lucky attitude and it is exhausting! I hate feeling Blue and having no energy, it is just a crappy attitude to have. I've decided that I need to get back to walking everyday, eating right, and getting my mind and my body healthy and to get things in motion, my hubby has agreed to look for another place for us to stay so that I can get back to a somewhat normal routine...as normal as you can get when you are traveling all the time..... so here's to getting back to where I was a month ago and here's to being ably to cook and be creative again! Our move should be coming up soon and hopefully my attitude will get better. Until then, I hope you are happy, healthy, and blessed in everything you do and everything you are!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better - and it sounds like you're on the right track! Not being able to cook can be a real diet buster - I've been there....

    I'm glad you're back posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ann! I am glad to be back too!

    ReplyDelete