Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Loving where you are....

I've spent a good deal of time wishing I was here or there in my life or wishing I had this or that in my life because that would make me happy...right?? I guess we all do this at some point in time, but in the last few years, I've had to throw all that out the window and tend to my parents being sick or my kids needing my help  for whatever the reason was at the time and I really didn't think about what it would take for me to be happy. After my dad passed away in January, I felt completely lost and a lot depressed and things were changing for me and if you know me...I DO NOT like change at all....I fought against it all because I was stuck in that mode of being afraid of what the change would mean in my life. 

Well.... lo and behold.....we went to New York for my hubby's job and of course, I complained all the way about how I wasn't going to like it and it was too far away from my kids and yada..yada..yada....but once we got there, something happened....I began to stop looking for what would make me happy and I decided to just BE happy, no matter what my situation was, no matter how I was feeling, no matter what..and guess what??  I started to think about what I needed and what I wanted to do and it just snowballed into me eating healthier and I started walking everyday and it felt so good to be doing all of this. I was amazed at how quickly my self esteem rose and I started to enjoy every minute of every day!

I have to say, that once you decide to be happy and content..your whole world changes. I no longer cared about what the negative people were saying, I don't care that I'm not exactly perfect in my weight and shape, I really don't care what other people are doing....I just care about being happy and making those that I love happy. Why do we get so involved in what the world thinks of us? Is that something we are conditioned for when we are growing up? I am all for beautiful clothes, makeup, jewelry, etc.. but it doesn't define who I am and that is what is so great...I am me and I am ok with that. Some days, I look like poop and some days I look great....that is ok. Some days I feel like running a marathon and some
days it's hard to get out the front door....that is ok. It's ok to just be happy and to love yourself no matter where you are in your life.

So girls...and guys too...it's ok to just be happy...no matter what! Don't feel guilty or bad because you are happy and others are not. I think if we all decided to just be happy then everything else just falls into place. I truly believe that being happy is contagious and if we spread it around enough, then we can help other people happy too. If you can't make someone happy....then that just means they haven't decided to be happy thems selves. Love where you are and love who you are and spread that sunshine around. Being happy truly is a choice and it's the best choice I've made in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment