Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Trips home and big changes in me!

The one thing that I have learned about having a husband who travels with his job is that things can change at the drop of a hat! I have only really been traveling full time with him just about two years now and part of those two years were miserable for me because of family illnesses or deaths in my family or just plain old stress caused by my own crappy health. I am one of those people who are nesters....I love being able to just "be" in my element and every time we would go somewhere new, I would complain about the drive to and from or the place we were staying. I like to get somewhere and get settled and make my little "nest" and just be in my own little routine.

When my husband said we were going to New York, I was was thinking No Way!! I don't want to go there! It's going to be weird and I heard the people there are rude and aggressive! I'm a Texas girl and I don't want to go!! I complained all the way here. Ha Ha!! I love this little town we are in! I don't want to go home....I like the people, the weather is awesome, and my life has changed so much for the better since I've been here. We are in Troy, NY, which is just north of Albany. I don't know what brought about the change in me, was it this place? Is it the weather? Is it just my time to get moving in my life now that the stresses of sick parents and troubled children are over? This I do not know, but it is, absolutely, the best time of my life! I am eating healthy, exercising, feeling positive and down right alive again!!

Now my husband calls and says that we are headed home to Texas next week! You would think that I would be jumping up and down with joy, right?? I am happy to see my family, but I am nervous that when we go home, my attitude will change and I'll stop exercising....is it crazy to to think that way? Maybe...I do not know. I should be doing the happy dance because we'll be in Corpus Christi, which is right next to where my youngest son is living and that alone should have me packing wright now!! I do miss my baby boy and he does need to see us on a regular basis, but I am scared that all this wonderful, positive, healthy stuff going on in my life will cease to exists.  So what does a girl do? Well, the first thing I am going to do is get a hotel/Apt. by the beach so that I can continue to walk everyday and if it's still a thousand degrees there, then I'll have the water to dip my self into, the second thing I am going to do is CONTINUE to eat properly, and the third thing I need is from my friends and family.....I need for all of you to continue to show me the support that you've been giving me through all of this! I need that support to keep me accountable and to keep me positive about this journey I am on. You all have no idea how important it is to have your love and support, it keeps me going!

With all that said.....I thank you all for your love and support and here's to new adventures and continuing my journey to find myself and change my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment